- ready-made packages are available in the official Debian repository
- A port of an old 3.0.5 version of was released in 2001 and was available here: . However, it is no longer maintained and the link is now stale. You can still get a copy as part of GNU utilities for Win32 package or GnuWin32 package.
- The recommended way to run zsh under Windows is to use Cygwin
Mac OS X
- zsh is installed in the base system at /bin/zsh.
- A port of zsh exists and can be installed using Fink all zsh related packages can be seen here
- zsh can also be installed using MacPorts