- automagically export defined variables; not recommended.
- if set, parameters defined in functions are defined in global contexts as well; I don't like that one.
- if unset, none of the initialization files are sourced (except for the global zshenv file).
- this also affects history saving: when 'rcs' is unset, the shell history will *not* be saved to $HISTFILE.
- if unset the global 'zprofile', 'zshrc', 'zlogin' and 'zlogout' files are not read.
- login shell. this option can be set manually or automatically when the shell is invoked as '-' (actually, when the first character of argv is '-')
Files loaded on startup
The following files will be sourced in this order if they exist, provided the options on the right are set. See also STARTUP/SHUTDOWN FILES in zsh(1).
|/etc/profile||rcs globalrcs login|
|/etc/zshrc||rcs globalrcs interactive|
|/etc/zlogin||rcs globalrcs login|